Featured Posts of 2019

CD 9:Overwhelmed

If you tell me something funny about someone,the odds are,the next time I see them,that's the first thing I'm going to remember.

Sush,Ramya,Sam and I were at the canteen eating ice-cream.(I think ice-cream was what we ate most often from the canteen.Come summer,winter or rainy season.)Ramya had just finished telling us some funny story about a guy(let's call him Y).We were still laughing,when I see him entering the canteen.

"I think he's heard your story Ramya.He seems to be heading our way",I joke.She panics and turns around.He notices that.I laugh! And then,horror of horrors, he's actually heading towards our table! I freak out this time.I warn Ramya and tell her not to turn around.

He comes to us.He says "Hi.I wanted to ask you about the portions for blah-blah subject." There's nothing funny about that,but I remember the story she's just told me about him.And start laughing.Ramya can't help but join me.Sam and Sush stare at us in mock-horror.Are they really doing this?They almost take a step back from us,maybe pretending that they don't know us.:P

Ramya and I are still doubled-up with laughter,with our ice-creams melting and running over our fingers.We must have looked like bizarre clowns.The poor guy is embarrassed.He's obviously concluded that we're laughing at some joke about him,but he's decent enough to stand there and take it sportively.We suddenly realize how dumb we're acting and try to stop laughing.We both manage to choke out a "I'm so sorry".He says "It's okay".Go ahead.Finish laughing,went unsaid but it was clearly on his mind.

I then realize he's still waiting patiently for me to answer his initial question.I rack my brains and tell him what it is.I'm still struggling not to laugh.We say sorry again and he goes away.

We wait till he leaves the canteen.And this time,Sam and Sush laugh at us.It so happened that whenever we used to buy ice-creams,we'd see him around and inevitably,this would be the first thing that came to mind:D.We'd furtively sneak away,ice-creams clutched tightly.Once out of sight,we'd have a good laugh.

P.S:The things we do in college,huh? This, till date,remains something I'm terribly embarrassed about.

My sincerest apologies!I didn't mean to laugh.

Comments