Featured Posts of 2019

Be careful what you wish for

There's an old adage that goes something like this:"Be careful what you wish for,because you just might get it".

The first time I read it,it struck me as peculiar.I wondered what could go wrong with a simple wish.Thereafter,I remember reading two short stories hinging upon this theme--one was titled The monkey's paw(don't remember the author) and the other was by Stephen King(Word processor of the Gods if I remember right!).Even then,the stories came across as fanciful.

It was much much later that I realized the poignancy and wisdom behind these words.Many a times,I've wished for something without reflecting enough on it's repercussions.And then watched in silent horror as it came true:"What the hell was I thinking when I asked for this!"

The most recent of such blunders was asking for independence:D.For a year almost,I fervently wished to be on my own.It seemed so exciting,so adventurous.Green pastures.I got my wish.Only,it came with an enormous price.A price so enormous that it almost renders the rest of it insignificant.I look back on my naive self from a year ago and wish I could retract my ill-fated wish! But my choices are made and I've to live with them.That's part of growing up,isn't it? Lesson learned,no regrets.

Anyway,that's besides the point.Today,I see storm clouds gathering ominously on the horizon.I'm scared to imagine what the future could bring.I'm tempted to wish for what I think will be good for everyone.Yet,I've learned enough from my mistakes to know that what I think is good might not be so; it might in fact turn out to be the opposite.

It's a day that's supposed to signify the triumph of good over evil.Dearest God,I ask for the well-being of my family.For the happiness of everyone dear to me.Nothing more.I don't think I can go wrong with this one! I surrender my problems,my thoughts,my concerns to you.I remain, yours in prayer.

Comments