Featured Posts of 2019

Nostalgia

Image result for friendship                         


3rd September,2016.

Exactly four years ago, I stepped into a deserted classroom.(deserted because it was 7.50 and no one in their right mind comes that early to a class, that is except yours truly :p). My mind was as blank as the class. Slowly, people began trickling in. Strange faces. Four years with these people. I'd be lucky to find one good friend, I thought, considering that the friends I had so far amounted to less than a dozen. I fervently prayed. "One friend. Just one. I'll be able to get along with that." Being a pessimist, I didn't even believe I would find that. I was mentally prepared to live as a loner. Me, my novels and the occasional hello.

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I'd find 9 such amazing people.People who were prepared to put up with all my eccentricities and still be friends with me. I came to college as a misfit--never been to a mall/movie /wedding, never hung out, never watched anything, never ate out. Seriously, my list of "never"s was so long that I was sure I'd find nothing in common with any normal individual.

Yet, here I am today.Eccentric still, but with a lot of normalcy.I look back at my 4-years-ago self and the changes are drastic. I can strike up a conversation with anyone without feeling uncomfortable. I can go out to whatever social gathering(substitute with mall /movie /blah blah)  without feeling the urge to dig a hole and sink into the earth:D.I owe all of it to you guys. If you hadn't dragged me out like you did, (starting from the canteen to malls, lunch, bowling, those ethnic days and what not. Also made me watch those series and movies ) I'd still be the lonely introvert who never belonged anywhere.

Thank you for teaching me one of the most important things in life--that I can be who I am without wondering if people will accept me.For making me what I am today.For making me feel like I belong and fit in somewhere. I have such wonderful memories with each of you. Here's to the 9 amazing people I've had the privilege of knowing!


Comments