Featured Posts of 2019

Inner strength

Image result for belief

In the midst of one of our midnight conversations,I asked her:"Do you think I'm strong?How do I react in the face of adversity?" I'd like to hear her opinion on this.

Here's what she told me.

Inner strength is the most important thing in life.It's what defines people.However,just as people are different,the foundations behind their strength also vary.

The first kind of inner strength is materialistic in origin.It comes from the feeling of assurance you get from all the comforts of life--money,position,power,wealth.This is the most transient of them all.There will come a time in life, (in fact,many a time),when you're deprived of all this.Immediately,you lose your strength as well.Your problems seem insurmountable because the very source of your strength is part of the problem.

The second kind comes from people.The trust you place in someone.The belief that they'll never let you down.There will comes times in life when the people you believe in are taken away from you.They might have problems of their own.Or worse still,they might choose not to help you.Again,you'll be shattered because you have nowhere to go. 

The third kind is inner strength that's spiritual in nature.It comes from within you.From the depths of your soul.All your materialistic possessions and people may be taken away from you.But you still find the strength to carry on.You know that you will emerge stronger.Life will bring you to your knees.All the world will give up on you thinking you'll never survive this.Yet,you know there's hope.You'll rise like a phoenix from the ashes.No problem will be too much for you.

This is the one thing that can never be taken away from you.It's the resilience of your spirit.The very essence of your being.Inner strength.

I'm shocked at the profoundness of her words.I turn over and look at her,to find that she's fallen asleep.I smile.I look at her and I know which kind of strength she's endowed with.

Wait,she never answered my question.Typical.The last thought that crosses my mind before I fall asleep.


Comments