Featured Posts of 2019

CD 7:Trailing glory




One afternoon,we were at some workshop/seminar.When it ended,there was a huge crowd trying to leave the hall all at once.I walked ahead reasoning that I'd get past the crowd and then wait for my friends to join me.

My strides are quite long(I was called the roadrunner because of this.I'm told I walk quite fast:P),so in a minute I was out of the hall.I hear Ramya calling me,so I turn around and look.What I see is quite-funny.She's holding up the end of my dupatta and running behind me.I really can't fathom why she's doing this.I wait for her to catch up and explain.

She comes to me and holds up the dupatta for me to see.Wonder of wonders,there's a pair of spectacles hanging on to the end.She goes "Are these yours?".If they were mine,I'd be blind as a bat
and not able to recognize even her.Mine are still perched on the bridge of my nose,I point out to her.

"That means you flicked this off some poor guy" she says.I admit,that's quite funny.By now,the rest of my gang is here and story spreads like wildfire.They go "Wow!I never knew you could do this using a dupatta."I get teased and laughed at like crazy:D

This pesky garment had those knotted loose fibers at the end.I suppose they're aesthetic,but frankly,they're more of a nuisance.I still don't get how this happened.But now,I have a bigger problem.I need to find the owner and return the specs,giving some reasonable explanation.Saying"Hi,I really don't know how this happened but I found your specs hanging on to the end of my dupatta" to a stranger is going to be really awkward.

Image result for kuchu
Enter Puni,my savior.She took the specs and was back in a couple of minutes."I found the guy and returned it to him"she says,laughing."What did you tell him?"That's what I want to know."I just said I found it lying here."Ah,that makes sense! Leave it to him to puzzle over how that happened:P

I'm so thankful to her that I didn't have to do the explaining:D.

P.S:The next time I wore that dress,my friends took one look at me and started laughing.The specs story again made its rounds.The dress is now relegated to an unused corner of my closet.Every time,I see it,I first glare at it annoyed and then start laughing.I managed to nab a specs--the irony is that neither the owner nor I had a clue.Blame the dupatta!

Comments