Featured Posts of 2019

College drabbles 4:Text misinterpreted

I'm someone who types out every word religiously.Even punctuations.Never used short-forms.Never understood them.

Meet Ranji.She shortens literally every word.(at least she used to:P)I could count the number of vowels in each sentence she types.That few!

We were texting each other like we always do.Our topics of conversation keep changing.They're totally unrelated.

Her message reads:"My mom made me wk like a dog."I read it.And then read it again.A visual of her mom walking beside her,with Ranji walking like a dog pops into my head.So hilarious,I know! I know it can't be that,but I still can't fathom what wk means.

"Wk?" I text her.Calmly,she goes:"Work da".She was probably thinking,"What else could it be?Obvious."She had no idea what my weirdly wired brain could come up with.

I told her about this and we laughed till we couldn't laugh anymore.I think she doesn't use wk anymore:P

Comments