Featured Posts of 2019

CD 12:Non-functional hippocampus

I have to struggle to find my way.Not only outdoors,but also indoors.:P I've long since concluded that my hippocampus doesn't work.Other people seem to put no effort into this:they just walk around and magically find their way.I,on the other hand,literally need a ball of twine to leave behind so that I can come back.I memorize twists and turns,and yet when I try and find my way out,I inevitably get lost.In those initial days,my college was my worst nightmare.Innumerable blocks,with confusing elevator levels and maze-like interconnections.Needless to say,I've gotten lost a lot of times:P However,this isn't about me.

I was waiting for someone.On a particular floor in a particular block,which by now, I've forgotten.I see someone I know walking past me.There's a blank wall facing me.Nothing else.He stares hard at the blank wall,as if puzzled by something.I find this weird and therefore interesting,so I stare at the wall too,to see what he's looking for.He turns around and walks back,obviously not having found what he's looking for.He walks past me a second time,still staring at the blank wall.

This time,I'm amused and curiosity gets the better of me.I ask "What are you looking for?" "Isn't there supposed to be a staff-room here?" is the reply I get. "That's the floor below" I say, trying hard not to laugh.He walks away.

I've done this countless times.Kindred spirit,maybe? :P

Comments