Featured Posts of 2019

Transcendental

Image result for music and the soul
"Music is to the soul what words are to the mind"

Books and music are air and water to me.If either of them were taken away from this world,I shudder to think of what would remain.I shall rave about books someday;this entry is kind of an ode to music.

I believe that musicians and singers are more blessed than the rest of us--they bring happiness to innumerable people.There are two kinds of musicians I've seen.The first play perfectly,pitch perfect,never miss a beat.You know it's perfect and appreciate them.The second go beyond perfection.The music comes alive with them.It touches your soul.Magic.


It was a quirk of fate that I heard him play(Bless the Lord for that though).I was at the auditorium for entirely different purposes(ironically).Musical performances of the first aforementioned kind were going on.I sat there,not really listening.And then,I heard the first strains of a flute.

I can never do justice to that moment in words.A melody so enchanting that I wanted to follow it to oblivion.In that moment,nothing existed for me.Not the musician.Not the rest of the people there.Not even me.It was just that.The music.So divine,so perfect.It might sound like I'm waxing lyrical over something trivial,but trust me,I'm not.If you've ever listened to one such musician you'll know.There was something about his music that transcended everything.Every note resonated with me on a level so deep.The melody flowed over me till all I knew was that.That was my life,my everything.And then,it came to an end.

I opened my eyes and saw the musician.This person,all of seventeen,who could create an entire universe with just his music.

P.S.It's been five years.Though I've never seen him play in person after that day,I've listened to him 
quite a lot.Still has that magic.I don't know what it is,I probably never will.But when nothing seems right and I listen to that mellifluous flute of his,I feel a whole lot better.The music washes over me and soothes me better than any living person could.

I spend the first five minutes of my day listening to the same song.It never gets old.Never fails to enchant me.I'd follow his flute anywhere.To the ends of the earth and beyond.Because it's divinity incarnate.Transcendental!

P.P.S:I don't know if everyone feels this way or if it's yet another of my peculiar quirks--hypersensitivity to music.There must be some such disorder eh?They have a name for everything these days,don't they!Remind me to look it up.I'm happy about this one though:P

Here's to him! And to all other musicians/singers who fall in the second category!





Comments