Featured Posts of 2019

College drabbles 1:A nut,a earring and insanity

Most of what I've written so far is abstract.I'd also like this blog to have something fun.Something I can read and laugh about.So,I'm planning to put up stuff I wrote over a period of four years in college.Actual incidents from my life.They all seemed insanely funny at that point,which is why I wrote them to begin with.The aim was to keep it short and humorous--hence a drabble.Here's the first one:D


A nut,a earring and insanity!

One of those incidents that made us laugh hysterically for days on end.Yours humbly,being the sole cause for laughter.

One sleepy,boring afternoon.Listening to advantages of HTML5 over 4,I was probably in some state of REM sleep.Out of the blue,I see the girl in front of me frantically searching for something.Like always,any distraction is welcome during these lectures.I too looked down.Found a nut.Bright and shiny,right next to my foot.I won't try and justify what I did next,because it doesn't make the slightest sense even to me:D




I bent,picked up the nut,tapped the girl on the shoulder and gave the nut to her.She first stretched out her hand and then,she saw the nut.The incredulous look she gave me is one I'll never forget as long as I live.I turn left,to see Ramya trying desperately not to laugh.She goes:"What the hell were you thinking!"I was most definitely not thinking:P

Turns out,the girl was looking for her earring screw.Hilarious right?I gave her a nut to fasten her earring!

And then,I actually spotted the dratted screw and tried to point it out to her.Alas,my credulity was destroyed.She didn't even bother to look down this time.Till date,I swear she looks weirdly at me.I'm probably "the girl who gave her a nut".

Thus was born the story that was narrated faithfully to everyone in our gang.The result being that they all doubled up with laughter.When they finally got their breath back,they'd look at me and go:"You seriously gave her a nut?!!" and start laughing again.I'll never look at a nut the same way ever again!


P.S: I hope the girl in question doesn't read this:P.






Comments