Featured Posts of 2019

Serenity


2:38am
October 7th

I woke up all of a sudden.Pitch dark.I had no inkling of the time.I groped around for my phone not really awake yet.Couldn't find it.I opened my eyes to look around properly.For a second,I was totally disoriented.Unfamiliar surroundings.Full-fledged panic set in.

A moment later,realization sunk in.I was home.My brain belatedly brought up memories of yesterday's journey.I looked around again.This time,the familiarity was reassuring.The same furniture that had graced my room for the better part of two decades.The reliable clock that was comforting in it's steady rhythm.The window was open--a cool breeze wafted in.I stared up the sky in something akin to awe.

I felt at peace with the entire world.Serenity enveloped me in its warm soothing embrace.Home.

That's when this epiphany hit me."Home isn't a place,it's a feeling".It's about feeling loved.Feeling cherished.Feeling safe.

Morpheus called again,this time more insistently.I postponed my pondering to the next day.

P.S:At the end of the day,this is what all of us want,isn't it? To be happy,that is.Personally,I prefer serenity.The long-lived sibling of happiness.One that's deeper.Much much deeper.That's the one that makes you feel at peace.Like you're part of a grand scheme of this marvelous universe.The one that leaves you feeling serene(I swear I can't think of a synonym!:P) in that last moment before sleep overpowers you.The one that makes you wake up with a feeling of tranquility.The one that makes you smile at everything in the world!The one that reminds me of this hymn we used to sing at school--"All things bright and beautiful".

Serenity,my namesake:D

Image result for home is a feeling

Comments