Featured Posts of 2019

College drabbles 3:What's in a name!

One mundane morning,we were working on our project when this guy approached us.No idea who he was.He goes "Do any of you know this person?(let's call her X)I need to talk to her about so and so.Since X was our friend,Ramya offered to call her up.

She says:"Hi,X.Listen.It seems this is the case.There's this person here who wants to talk to you..."At this point,she pauses and looks at him asking for his name.Perfectly natural,since she doesn't know him.What happened next turns this run-of-the-mill event into something hysterically funny.

"Shishir" he says in response to her question.The name seemed perfectly clear to me.Sush and Ramya claim otherwise:P

Ramya goes:"There's this person called.."She trails off again,coz she didn't get his name the first time.Shishir,he repeats.She still doesn't get it! This time she attempts to say it but it ends up sounding ridiculously funny.Something like "Sheshe".

By this time,Sush and I are laughing uncontrollably,unmindful of the fact that the guy is standing right there.Meanwhile,X tells Ramya she doesn't know anyone by that name.Lest Ramya attempt his name again,I ask her to give the phone to the guy.She gets what I say,but she's very distracted by our laughter.

In a final attempt to bring some normalcy to the conversation,she means to say to X:"I'll give the phone to him".She ends up saying "I"ll give the phone to her".Damn! I'd just stopped laughing.I took one look at the guy's mortified face and the laughter bubbled out again!

What's in a name,you ask? Humour,if this is anything to go by!

P.S:Turns out most of the funny stories involve Ramya.No surprise there:P I haven't exactly taken permission from her before putting these up and I'm scared she'll be furious.So,this is dedicated to her.You.my absent-minded friend,make life very interesting,not to mention humorous! 

Comments