Featured Posts of 2019

CD 11:7 flights of stairs

We were working on the 7th floor in the Apex Block.Ramya says"You guys continue working.I'll go get the printouts and xeroxes for us."Makes sense.There's no point in three of us going to get the same thing done.

She gathers up all the required books and leaves.Two minutes later,she's back.She looks annoyed."The lift isn't working.I had to take the stairs.I forgot my wallet" she says.I'm mildly amused,but given that she's forgotten her bag,this is quite what I expect.She ignores our smiles and walks away.

Five minutes later,she's back again.She's panting.Obviously because she's gone up and down the seven flights of stairs twice.I wonder what it is this time!"Your pen drive"She says knowing what I'm about to ask.I can't help but laugh.This time we ensure that she has her wallet,books and pen drive before sending her off.

Half an hour later,she's back with an armload of photcopies.She's visibly exhausted.We check the copies and the books.All seems to be in order.I even look around for her wallet.It's there! She seems to have made it without forgetting anything this time.She's lying on the floor relaxing.She smiles at me.

And then I remember."Hey,where's my pen drive?"

She stands up,with a look of exhaustion.The smile is replaced by a frustrated expression.7 flights of stairs again!

P.S:I could write an entire book solely about how many things she's forgotten:D

Comments