Featured Posts of 2019

CD 10:She's religious

Vidya has loads of hilarious anecdotes.She used to tell us during free periods and we'd laugh till our eyes stung with tears.I wish I remembered all of them--I actually do but just the outlines.Maybe I'll ask her to narrate them sometime.But this one is really unforgettable! Worth writing about :D

Italics for thoughts.I find it annoying to use quotes sometimes.

One ordinary day.Vidya had to meet a bunch of her friends at Sankey.She rode her brother's scooter that day.She met her friends and they had a good time.For some reason,she found it annoying to keep her helmet inside,so she just walked around with the helmet all along.

It's time to leave.She offers to drop her friend.She puts on her helmet,starts the vehicle and begins her journey.Sometime later,her friend asks her "Why is there a Ganesha photo hanging from the mirror on your vehicle?"She ponders over this.Weird I hadn't noticed.My mom must have put it there,she concludes.She replies "My mom's religious so she's put it for our protection or something."A minute later,she notices that the petrol gauge is showing a reading that's grossly different from when she started.There must be something wrong with it.That's why it's acting weird.I should tell my brother about this.

It's a short journey and soon they both dismount.This time she wants to keep the helmet in.She unlocks the seat and lifts it.There's a strange helmet there.She stares at it in silent horror.In an instant,the strange photo and gauge reading fall into place.I've got the wrong bike!She looks and sure enough,the license plate confirms her guess.

She imagines the owner looking around furiously for his bike.Maybe he's already complained to the cops.She looks at the helmet again.It's a white one.Just like the ones these traffic cops wear.God!Not only have I stolen someone's bike,but it could be that the owner is a cop himself.(In retrospect,this is the funniest part:D)

She quickly drives it back to where she originally found it,all the while hoping there isn't a furious cop waiting for her.Luckily,the place is as deserted as it was before.She leaves the bike in it's place and locks it.How the hell did the key work! It isn't supposed to,right?This time,she double checks to confirm that she's gotten the right bike before riding it home.

Once the panic subsided,the humor of it all took over.I can't believe I did this.She narrated the story to all her friends and family and they all had a hearty laugh:D

A week later,she spotted that bike outside a Ganesha temple near her house.How could I forget those license plates! And then, the priest come of the temple and starts the bike.It's his! Now that explains the photo.I stole the priest's bike and even found a reason to explain the photo to my friend.You have no clue your bike was stolen and returned to you.She silently laughs looking at the priest.

P.S:It's funny what preconceived notions can do to you.She believed that the bike was hers,so she found a way to explain everything else.
Occam's razor:D
It's a mystery how the key worked, right?

P.P.S:I hope I've done justice to the story.It was insanely funny and I hope it comes across that way.Humor is hardest to convey!

Comments