Featured Posts of 2019

CD 5:Text misinterpreted 2

So,this one was actually after college--happened recently.Nevertheless it was funny.

When I text,I have this habit of talking about many things simultaneously.I like to talk about multiple things and usually they're totally unrelated.It's up to my poor friends who text me to figure out what I'm currently talking about.Needless to say,it results in a lot of hilarity.

I was texting Shaaz.In between classes,I think.I mention that my classmates are going on a trip.I crib about my mom turning 60 and me not being at home.Various other things in between.Then,I say something like "This is where they're going.It's a 20km long trek."And send a link to a mountain in Coorg.After that,I abruptly stop texting.

In the evening,I check my phone.Her message reads:"Wow,that's so cool! Are you serious?" I wonder what's so shocking about my classmates trekking and decide that's probably the 20 km distance that amazes her.I say "Yeah".She says something like "It's awesome that they're going for a trek at this age."That's when I don't get it.What's surprising about 22-25 yr olds going on a trek?

And then,it occurs to me that she thinks my parents are going on this trek for my mom's 60th birthday.I ask her and she says that's what she thought.No wonder she was so shocked.I get an image of my parents trekking up this hill.They'd never do anything like that.Totally out of character.Insanely funny.I laugh while telling her that it was my classmates I was talking about:D

Comments