Featured Posts of 2019

TWC 2:The guy

Everything in this is being narrated exactly as it happened.I'm not sugar-coating or omitting anything.Coz the bride said I could write it up any which way I wanted:P

Now that the phase of cynicism passed,I was trying to form the timeline in my head.

She must have told me something about him.*Racking my brains*.And then I remember.She'd told me way back in December,when she first met him.The only annoying part was she made me promise to delete the messages once our conversation was done.And since my word is something I always keep up,I did delete them.Now,I can't remember anything she told me about him.

Wait,I do.At least something.

He seems to have an attitude.He's down-to-earth and sensible and his English is top-notch,but I'm scared he's too serious.I always liked Joey more among Joey and Chandler,but this guy seems more like Chandler.Also,he's traveled a lot and he's cool--too cool for me I think.I'm not sure.

This is the part that scares me.A month ago,she was skeptical about this guy.Now she's all excited about him.I'm scared for her.Not sure if she's doing the right thing.So, I start asking her questions about him:so many that it's a wonder I didn't annoy her.

As she tells me about him, slowly, a picture forms in my mind. I see someone who's artistic.Someone who's broad-minded and independent.Someone who has a good sense of humor.Someone who can think well and has sound opinions and ideas.Most importantly,someone who understands,respects and cares for her.(Someone who also likes what her friend writes:P)

I start seeing the change in her.Someone who was a "non-texter" as she described herself--now she's perennially online.And you know who she's texting:P Someone whose DPs used to remain unchanged for months on end,and now she changes them so often.All these are superficial though.On a much deeper level,she's incandescently happy.What I call the all-things-bright-and-beautiful mode.She's really looking forward to all of this.

This is when I was really convinced.That's she's found the right guy.That he would make her happier than she ever was.I was really,really happy for her--more than I can put into words.Looking back,I think that was one of the best moments in my life.One of my closest friends finding happiness:)

The only sad part is that she's moving to Chennai.But after I've seen how ecstatic she is,I really believed it was worth it.After all,everything in life comes with a price.All you can ask for is this-- what you're getting should be worth what you're giving up.And in her case,I think it is. :)

Comments

  1. He likes what u write, watches football, obviously a great guy :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment