Featured Posts of 2019

Nostalgically Yours:Music is the key

When I was a kid,I had a red-hot temper.The smallest things would suffice to infuriate me.Although my anger would melt away in a few minutes to an hour,I was still very short tempered.Or so my mother claims.She didn't like this quality of mine.She felt that one day anger would be my undoing.

She used to try and pacify me during these bouts of anger,but nothing ever worked.I'd be fuming.She was at her wit's end as to what to do with me.During my childhood,the comment I'd hear most often was:Your name and your temperament are opposites.We should have named you Vishwamitri:D--if you didn't know that's a sage from Indian mythology who's famous(infamous rather) for his temper.

One day,she magically stumbled upon this.I was really angry and she played some music.Immediately,I forgot everything else and was lost in the music.I sat there quietly with not a movement,till the song ended--this seldom happened with the hyperactive annoying demon I used to be:P And when the song ended,my anger was forgotten and I was tranquil and serene as my name:D
(All this as narrated by my mother,since I obviously don't remember any of the details from so long)

Thereafter,that used to be her trick.Whenever I was angry,she'd play music.And that's how she tamed the beast in me.:P

Soon after,she sent me to music classes since she felt it would be a soothing,calming influence on my tempestuous personality.I guess it has in a way,done that,coz noone I meet now describes me as short-tempered.Although I still see myself that way:P

And thus was formed a lifetime bond with music.If books are water,then music is air.I can't survive without both of them:) Music is the deepest part of my soul--everything intangible.It's my catharsis,my motivator,my soother,my companion in sorrow and happiness.A very important part of my life.I can't believe it all started because my Mom thought I was too short-tempered.

Strange are the ways of life.


Comments

Post a Comment