Featured Posts of 2019

The Wedding Chronicles Part 1:Of Incredulous friends

Image result for wedding quotes

The picture is a part of my duties as a close friend---to tease the bride about being in looovveee:P Okay,before Ramya kills me,let me finish writing this:)Since Whatsapp was the medium of communication for almost everything that happened,I'm using the messages as my sketch outline-- this will be a text-based story;something I haven't tried before.

So,here's how it began.One normal evening,Ramya texts on this group we have:

Ramya:Guys,I have news. 
Ranji:Getting engaged?
Ramya:Yes,this is confidential information.Don't tell people right now.
Me:That's why you're announcing it on a group.*Laughing smileys*
     You've lost credibility though.I don't believe you. *more laughing smileys*

Ramya:Hey it's the truth.We've been talking for a week now.Why aren't you guys excited?
Me:Do you believe Ranji?
Ranji:I don't believe this.
Sam:I shocked.
I call you.
N.
O.
W.

Ramya:At least Sam is excited.No no not now Sam.
Sam:Pick up the phone.Or I'll call your mom.

Me:What's his name?
Ramya:Arvind
Sam:Oooh.Arvind.
Ranji:I don't believe this.You wouldn't tell us the name so easily.
Me:Exactly.This is so out of character for Ramya.
Stop pulling our legs.With the amount of work you have,I don't believe any of this is possible.

This went on for a couple of hours with Sam really believing her and Ranji and I not.Sush did believe I guess.I,for one,really thought she was kidding.

The next day,I was texting Ramya about something when I remembered the conversation of the previous evening.All of a sudden,I had this feeling that it was real.

Me:Ramya...yesterday.Was that real?All this stuff about the guy?
Ramya:Yes it was.And you didn't believe me at all.I was frustrated to a whole other level.

*Damn.I've screwed this up big time.She was all excited to tell me,and it must have felt like cold water on her enthusiasm.:P*

Me:So sorry I didn't believe you.You must have felt miserable.You were genuinely happy and look what I did.
She:It's alright.It was just like you told.You said "Noone's going to believe you when you actually find a guy"and that's exactly what happened.Maybe this is a story for your blog. :D

And so ends this part.We must be the only group of friends who reacted this way--which is why this is all the more memorable,not to mention funny:P


Comments