Featured Posts of 2019

EFML: Thanksgiving 2019

It is that time of the year again--I turn a year older. As is my ritual, I introspect on the year that went by and write down all that I am grateful for.

Previous years:

2016: https://virtualramblings10.blogspot.com/2016/12/efmlthanksgiving.html

2017: https://virtualramblings10.blogspot.com/2017/12/thanksgivingchangelog.html

2018: https://virtualramblings10.blogspot.com/2018/12/thanksgiving-yesterday-today-and.html

In my head, 2019 will be the year of my marriage, and that alone is enough to make it stand out in my life. This year has changed my life in several ways.

I am extremely grateful to have found a partner as wonderful and inspiring as my husband. He has been and is crucial in reshaping my thinking. I've learnt several things from him. He taught me the difference between surviving and thriving, and that merely surviving wasn't enough. He is the opposite of complacent, and he has reinforced my tendencies to abhor the word "settle". He has taught me to question if things are good enough for me, as opposed to thinking if I'm good enough for them. He indulges me in several ways, and puts up with the weirdest of my quirks in good humour. He remains one of the kindest, warmest, smartest and funniest people I've ever known, and it's a pleasure and an honor to live my life with him. (I'll save up the rest for a dedicated post about him :P)

I am infinitely grateful to be in the same city as my parents. I am grateful to have the privilege to visit them when I feel like it, and to call them over when I miss them sorely.

I am grateful to inherit my husband's family, and to have more wonderful people to share my life with. To my parents-in-law, who've welcomed me into their home and heart, and never once made me feel like an outsider. For being supportive of all that I do, even if at times I am difficult to understand. Another place has now gotten added to my list of homes, and it is a warm hearth from the city of Mysuru. To my sister in law, for being an awe inspiring presence that I look up to. After years of wishing for a sibling, life has now given me one, and what a glorious one at that! I look forward to all the wonderful times there are in store for us. Last but not the least, a grateful mention to my newly made canine friends. I'm still a bit skittish around them, but I look forward to meeting them and playing with them regardless. They seem to enjoy my company as well, and that adds to my happiness.

I am grateful for all my friends, who are always a part of my life. People who're there for me through happiness and sorrow, and who make my life so much more meaningful. This year has been tricky in time sharing between so many people, and I shall try to do better next year. To everyone who made time for me despite my hectic schedule, I could not be more grateful.

I traveled without family for the first time this year. I am grateful for that experience and all that it taught me.

I am grateful for all the new people I have met this year, especially the ones who have inspired me to be creative and disruptive.

I am grateful for all the new places I had the opportunity to visit this year. I have amazing memories from each of them, and I really treasure those.

I am thankful to have had the experience of living on my own-- managing a house, dealing with the help, and all the other responsibilities that adulthood brings.

I am grateful for all the opportunities that have come my way this year. Looking back, I seem to have done much better in venturing out of my comfort zone, and even if it didn't always work out well, I'm glad to have had the experiences.

This was a year well lived. Looking forward to next year and all that it'll bring me! :)





Comments