Featured Posts of 2019

Thanksgiving:Changelog

As is my custom, I write something which is indicative of my gratitude every year on my birthday. However, since this blog already has a post from last year for the same purpose, I can't possibly write another without it being along the same lines.

Image result for grateful


Therefore, here's an attempt to make this slightly different. Basically, a diff of the me from this year and the me from last year. A changelog of sorts.

I am thankful for all that I have experienced in the past year,be it good, bad or agonizing. Each experience has been enlightening--it has taught me something that I previously did not know.

I now know the value of people. People who lend a hand when everything seems shrouded in despair. People who you trust, only to find that it was your biggest blunder. People who are divinity incarnate. People who make you think there's no hope left for humanity. I have learnt to depend on people. I have also learnt not to depend on them. Paradoxical, but true.

I have learnt that associating your happiness with something, be it anything, is an exercise in foolishness. You never find happiness that way.

I have been brought to my knees several times this past year. Times when I thought there was no way out. In retrospect, those were the greatest lessons. And they're imprinted in my mind in indelible ink.

I've learned to exist outside my comfort zone. This means different things to different people. Nevertheless, it is something we need to learn. The world is the vast, deep sea and your comfort zone is a tiny, shallow pond.

Being calm. I've learned not to freak out for the minutest of things. There's an unrealistic element to that sort of thing now. I laugh at the very thought of it. Equanimity is definitely the way to go. Especially given all the turbulence that surrounds us.

I know the importance of balance. Life is in several ways similar to juggling a dozen things. As you age, you find that the number of objects keeps increasing. Consequently, you find it harder and harder to keep up.This is something that comes with practice. I'm still learning.

I've learnt to treasure the present moment. There will always be uncertainties,problems and questions. Which is why you forget all that and live your life. Do whatever it is that you're doing passionately. Laugh. Talk. Learn. Never put away living to a utopian day that shall dawn bright.You would have existed for decades without having lived a day.

Most of all, I love what life has taught me about myself. I know more about who I am. Who I want to be. And that, dear reader, is what I deem the most important discovery you could make on the voyage of life. I'm one step closer to that. Maybe that step seems tiny and inconsequential right now, but eventually it'll lead me to where I have to be. :)

That's about it. The changes seem drastic, which makes me happy, because the past year has made me that much more wiser(hopefully). May the next year be equally enlightening, if not more.

Comments