Featured Posts of 2019

CD:Glitch in the matrix

Something I heard recently:Mature stuff.Is this really a 24 year old writing?
I guess there's been a lot of abstract,serious stuff on this blog lately.For a change,it would be fun to write about something on the lighter side.I've been rummaging in my head for something suitable! 


Image result for glitch in the matrix

Texting people who read is like this.Every fourth message will be a link to something they read and found wonderful.Not only that,but they're genuinely excited to share this with you and will keep following up on whether you read what they sent you.It's also quite possible that they take it personally when you don't read it.(By the way,keep in mind that I'm someone who reads so this applies to me as well:P)

This is quite fun when both the texter and textee(I just came up with these--they don't exist:P) are on the same page--both have the time,both like the genre etcetera.The problem is when they're not.

This happened somewhere in the last week of November.Life was very hectic then and I used to spend almost 14 hours everyday in the lab.So,it was quite natural that when my dear friend Dragon Rider sent me a link to a reddit article,I let it slide.Come on,give me a break.I had slept at 2am cursing something that wasn't working and the last thought I had before sleeping was to figure out how to make it work.The next morning,I wake up bleary eyed at 6am and again that's the only thing on my mind.Obviously,I'd forgotten to read what she sent.

She texted me in the afternoon asking if I'd read it.I shamelessly said no and she sent me a pissed-off smiley.:P I met her at lunch,tried to make amends and asked her what it was about.She was really enthusiastic and went on to tell me about it.It was a thread where people cited real life incidents of what they believed were glitches in the matrix.Things that were just slightly off from normal and hence creepy as hell.I suck at explaining this,so you could probably read it up for yourself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1xyn79/what_is_the_creepiest_glitch_in_the_matrix_youve/

I listened to her patiently,but it seemed to me that she should have been a little more skeptical about it.I am enthusiastic about all such theories in general--parallel universes,wormholes,time loops--anything you name.But I treat them as just that--theories.I don't believe that they can actually happen.Maybe I am a skeptic:P So that was that and we finished lunch and headed back to work.

Sometime in the evening,she texted me about a mail.I took a look at it,but it was far too long and I was dead tired  and groggy as hell even to read it leave alone make sense of it.So while I was walking to get a coffee,I called her up and asked her to summarize it for me.She did that and we spoke for around two minutes.

The day thankfully ended early for me and I was back in my room by 10.For the first time in days,I actually had the energy to text.I replied to her message from earlier in the evening.She asked me about something and said Remember?We spoke about it in the evening when you called?

I hesitated for about ten seconds,grinned widely and then replied :
What call?I didn't speak to you after lunch.I was in the lab all day.

Wtf!! Don't mess with me.You called.

No,I didn't. Wait,I called you..but that was yesterday. Maybe you're confused.

I AM not.You did call me.See,here's a screenshot of my call records.See for yourself.

And here's mine.I did not call you.

Then who on earth did I talk to?

That's what I'm wondering too.It definitely wasn't meMaybe it was..what was that you said in the afternoon...a glitch in the matrix?

At this point,I'm already laughing insanely.This is just what I needed:P

Dude,don't fool around.You deleted the call record,didn't you?

And pray tell me,what's my motive? Also,I don't do pranks.That's not me and you very well know it.

The thing about seemingly serious people is this--noone believes that they would do anything out of character.This is a powerful astra.

But I spoke to you.Why would I lie?

Maybe you aren't,but I'm finding this interesting.Tell me more.What did my clone from a parallel universe tell you?

You asked me to summarize the mail for you.Hey,come on,this isn't funny anymore.Just admit it.You did call me.

Think about it logically.You know how much I read and hence how fast I read.That mail would have taken me 2 minutes.Why on earth would I ask you to summarize? This is definitely out of character for me,don't you think?

Actually,yes it is...but then,you said it.I know it was you.

At this point,my friend is on the fence.She's convinced enough by my arguments but isn't completely ready to accept this as a glitch in the matrix:D Poor her,she's a little freaked out.

Okay,sleep.Let's talk about it tomorrow.

I end the conversation,still grinning like a cheshire.And then I drift off to sleep peacefully.The next morning,a bunch of us(sans her) head to breakfast.I tell them about this and we all have a good laugh.I actually had no intention of continuing it from there--I was planning on telling her it was a lame thing I did,probably because I was too stressed out.But when she came and sat with us for breakfast,this was the first topic she brought up.And my friends made my already good arguments sound rock solid by providing me an alibi for the supposed time of the call.:D

At the end of this,she was almost convinced except for slight doubts that this was all an elaborate prank on my part.She strode into my room and pounced on my phone to check for herself.Ah,I'm a firm believer of the adage God is in the details.Suffice to say,she didn't find anything incriminating and left:P

After that,for about a week,she asked me the same question in a hundred different ways:Did you really not call me?I figured I'd go the whole hog and stuck to my story faithfully!

So this does not have an I-ultimately-told-her,she-got-mad-at-me ending.This is the ending.I haven't told her yet.Maybe she'll stumble upon it next time she visits my blog:P If you know her,please do me a favor and don't tell her about this:D

P.S:Should I send her the link to this? Discretion is the better part of valor they say.Let her discover it on her own:P



Comments