Featured Posts of 2019

The end of the beginning

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.--Winston Churchill


Image result for beautiful road

I sit here today in a desolate room.It is bereft of all but a few possessions I have decided to leave for visits. Honestly,the room doesn't look markedly different--the void is more in my head.

I was supposed to have left last night. I don't know if there were genuinely reasons enough for me to stay another day or if I turned a few trifles into things that had to be done and stayed back. Sometimes,I think it's the former. At others,I'm inclined to go with the latter. Either way,I don't regret it.

I'm done with everything I had to do.My work is done.My goodbyes are done.My lists are all checked.I sit here writing,because the silence is too unnerving.The vacuum in my mind is too stifling.Is it all really over? I've asked myself this a million times.

I distinctly remember the rainy morning when I came in carrying loads of luggage. 8th July 2016.I remember looking at a hundred odd faces and wondering how well I'd get to know them. Which of them would be my friends. Now,most of those faces are familiar. As I sent away my luggage today, I was haunted by this unreal feeling. 8th December 2017. How did one and a half years go by? I remember the Institute's Director saying this : Two years will whiz past you and the next thing you know,you'll be attending your convocation.

In a moment,my mind brought up pictures of my school,pre-university and undergraduate life ending.And now,this that seemed everlasting,my graduate life, is also coming to an end.Sigh.I feel ancient!

It's kind of bittersweet.One part of me says :Here's to new people,places and experiences while another goes :Another ending.This was so familiar and comforting and happy.Why on earth does it have to end!? Both of these are me.I'm happy and sad.

It feels like one part of my life has come to an end.In a way,it has.I'll never get back these years.But I also know that there is a long way to go in life.That's when this famous line popped into my head and I decided to write this up.

Someday, I shall read this post and remember this milestone of my life that shall have been nudged into obscurity by the sands of time:) 

Comments