Featured Posts of 2019

To my alter ego!:)

I call her my twin. She already has an actual twin, so she probably doesn't see me this way. But to me, she'll always be my reflection staring right back at me.
Image result for best friends silhouette

One and a half years back, more or less, I met this girl with a wacky sense of humor and the typical cool dude kind of attitude(:P).I thought I had nothing in common with her till one day we somehow got to discussing our blood groups. Turned out we had the same. Could happen, not very improbable.

Then came the birthdays. Same day. Same month. Same year. Our ID cards look exactly the same on one side. :D
Going by the birthday paradox,still probable.

Then, it turned out that she reads. And when I say read, I don't refer to reading one lame novel(that all the world happens to be reading at that point in time) in a year. I mean a voracious,passionate bookworm who gobbles up books faster than the average human being his daily meal. She was that. This was probably when I first felt a real connection with her.

Care to guess what the next thing is? Yeah, she writes. Poetry,prose, you name it ;she writes it. Her figures of speech are even more eccentric than my own, which is saying something.

I've always been someone who overthinks things. I've met people who I can comfortably share these thoughts with, but never one who would understand them as her very own. Until I met her. She rivals me in existential meanderings. Several of our evenings and nights have been spent in contemplating the decision trees of the future. Sometimes, even the minutest choice that others would make in a jiffy would take us aeons.

 I have at least a dozen email ids, all with weird names. No prizes for guessing--so does she. Sometimes I wonder which of us is more eccentric :P She's a myopic as am I. Even our eye powers happen to be almost the same, if I'm not wrong.Eerie enough for you?

But this was just the tip of the iceberg. I found so many things in common with her that it sometimes scared me. And the  list of shared quirks got longer and weirder. It's still growing. Just when I think there's nothing more that can surprise me, she tells me something that again astonishes me because I happen to have the exact same opinion on it.

To be fair though, we're also as different as day and night. She's a people's person and I'm anything but that. She would be the life of a party/social occasion while I shudder at the very thought of it. She gets along with every single person she meets, while I don't even get as far as eye contact with most people. Solitude is my eternal companion, to her it's merely a short respite from the social fray. She cannot live without people and I cannot live with.

She knows of all things current --be it books, music, movies or even news. My tastes in all of the aforementioned are a bit outlandish, with no heed to what's trending. Most conversations that are small talk go above my head, while she can easily start and conclude such a discussion.

I have spent my entire masters life in her company. Attending classes. Working on projects. Studying for exams. Shopping. Talking. Eating out. Laughter riots. Exchanging gossip. A million trifles that are in themselves insignificant but amalgamate to define our friendship.

And the next freakishly endearing coincidence is that we're going to be working in the same company and in the same team as interns come next year.

I'm an agnostic when it comes to destiny, but I have wondered several times why our paths crossed. It seemed to me that there had to be some deeper meaning to meeting someone who was so similar and yet so different from you. Someone who was such a lucid reflection of you that it alternately petrified you and made you ecstatic. Someone whose mind you didn't even have to read because you knew it as you did your own.

Today happens to be my birthday, and obviously it's hers too. She's miles away and in a different state--but that's immaterial. I cannot celebrate my birthday without acknowledging hers first.Wish you a very happy birthday, Jarvis!
Here's to all that you are!

Related image

Birthday treat: Favorite quirk
One of the things that I love about you is the lightning switches in conversation--you'd be talking about mess food and then suddenly the next question would be about intergalactic travel. I love those quantum leaps that your brain takes. There's never a dull moment when I'm talking to you :P

May we share many more years and birthdays in each other's company:)

Comments