Featured Posts of 2019

PY:Will-o'-the-wisp

Image result for will o the wisp



I found myself walking
Through a forest so dark and deep
That even light was petrified to enter
I would 've turned back in a moment

 But for a will'-o-the-wisp that caught my eye
 Blue and mysterious,it seemed to light up my way
 Fear gave way to curiosity and something more cheerful
 I followed one blue beacon till it led me to the next

I know not if they will lead me to a place of no return
Or to a land that's untouched by anything living
But all life is fraught with uncertainty
And so we follow our Will-o'-the-wisps and call them Hope.

P.S:A will-o'-the-wisp,unlike what I've portrayed here, is usually taken to be something negative.It has quite a dreary etymology--it's associated with misleading people and luring them into marshes and what not.But what's poetry without imagination?:D I see it as something magical and cheerful and so I endeavor to make my reader look at it the same way!:)

Comments