Featured Posts of 2019

EFML:Highway to heaven


I look out the window. Trees zoom past me. Now and then, I see a little civilization. This is why I love this route--it's deserted for the most part. In this isolation, I thrive. 

I've traveled this way in winter, summer and monsoon. In August, I sat in this same place while it rained. I've never more loved being drenched. For it seemed like my soul was parched with thirst.In December, the cold air bit into my skin till my hands turned numb. I've never felt more alive.The heart warming cold. Now it's April and the warm sunshine falls on me. It's the  mellow sun--not burning hot, but just right. It seems to be smiling at me. This is probably what they call resonance with nature. I'm one with it. 

The places keep changing. I keep looking. Lost in the mellifluous music that's playing in my ears.If you keep playing a particular set of songs through thick and thin, then they will evoke emotions that go deep. The associations fade away, but you can still feel the emotions. This is why music grows onto you. It changes with you. With your experiences. The song you listen to today and the one you listened to a month ago are different. Very different. Just as you are. 


 It's as if I'm traveling to a place far away. Distance and time fade into the background.  It's just these moments. They're strung together like beads on a mismatched chain.
 The people around me don't exist for me . I revel in the solitude. It's just me in my mind palace. When you isolate yourself to this extent, you can feel everything with perfect lucidity. Sensory amplification. 

Day fades into dusk. I still have this smile on my face because I know that I will be home soon. I have traveled enough times for the excitement to fade away, but the happiness is always there. 

The surroundings gradually turn familiar and a warm fuzzy feeling suffuses my entire being. I step across the threshold and my life suddenly gains perspective.
The late nights, the long days, the absence of weekends. It's all worth it. I live for this moment :) 







Comments