Featured Posts of 2019

PY:Elation

All my attempts at poetry end up being oh-so-melancholy for reasons I can't fathom! Here's hoping to write something cheerful:)

Exhausted and weary
I reach home and open the door
Not wanting to contemplate
Another dreary day

My phone and laptop
Are but distractions
While they keep away my demons
I wish for something less ephemeral

Perhaps heaven heard me sigh
And directed my gaze hither
A book--as worn and weary as me
Yet my eyes look no farther:my treasure is here!

I touch it with reverence
For it holds the soul of someone
Soothing are the dog-eared corners to my feverish fingers 
Enchanting is the perfume that emanates from within

I open it to find a note from decades ago
One mortal who bequeathed this to another
There's something magical about knowing
You hold something that's touched many people

For a race that struggles to find immortality
The answer's not in potions and vials
But in our very own minds--for thoughts are immortal
They shape words that transcend time and reach eternity.

 Image result for old book

Comments