Featured Posts of 2019

EFML:Things we never outgrow

We sit in the lab on yet another ordinary day,slogging away to meet another deadline while everyone else is lost in the college's sports fest.After what was a reasonably good meal,all of us are in the post-prandial snooze mode.As is our way,we play music on the days when the lab is almost empty.Today is one of those days.My friends have a wide music vocabulary ranging from regional to english.I usually just listen,having no idea of what the song is.

Today,they ask me to listen to this song with the video telling me that it's worth watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdcAN3dobz4

The song speaks of a father's love for his daughter.And just like that,in a moment,I'm transported to my own memories.Of my childhood.Of a time when my world comprised of just my parents.The visuals are bittersweet,for I realise that I can never go back to those days.But they're also infinitely precious for I would never trade them for anything.

No matter how old I grow,or how strong I become,they will always be my two favorite people in this world.They are my roots:)

P.S:This is not well-thought out,rather impulsive--just taking a couple of minutes off to write this coz I feel like.I'm not normally overtly emotional,maybe it's the song.Or maybe staying away from home does that to you!


Comments