Featured Posts of 2019

PY:Ephemeral




Past me floated a bubble
Its myriad colors a vision to my eye

I watched enchanted as it soared past me
So much so that I followed it on a whim

It made its merry way through the air
Its lightness echoed in my very soul

A gale rose out of nowhere
Ne'er have I been more terrified of the wind

Yet,the bubble flew high
Taking with it my spirits

A million glorious colors on its surface
Each moment a blissful dream

My world ceased to exist--for this was my world
My gravest folly to forget that it too would shatter

One moment a wonder and the next a void
Where once there were colors there's now a vacuum

It all feels like a dream now
Sepia tinted emotions that vaguely haunt me

All ephemeral--happiness,sadness and everything in between
The perfect metaphor to life--a bubble.

P.S:Ah,I give up! I cannot write happy poetry.Sad definitely.Not sad,maybe.Happy,doomed.:P

Comments