Featured Posts of 2019

Poetically yours:Flower in the crannied wall

I love reading poetry but somehow in all my attempts at writing,I've never written a poem.I just read on a friend's blog that it's national poetry month.What better time to try,eh? First ever poem! Hope I don't suck at this:P

I sit here,as dispassionate as ever
Beneath yet another charade
She flits around, as cheerful as could be
Yet I know of the sorrow that haunts her

How could someone have eyes so soulful?
Eyes that twinkle with every smile
Yet pierce me like a knife when I look deeper
I wish she wore a mask,like everyone else

She beckons me outside into the cool night breeze
Asking me to talk
While she busies herself
In yet another chore

I move not an inch.
For I am not equal to that task
What words can I find
To soothe away life's cruel prose?

I sit as still as a stone
And watch her from afar
She plucks a flower in full bloom
Walks over to hand it to me

Eyes shimmering
With all that's left unsaid
I know not what to do
What to say to make things right

I hold out my hand
The tender flower rests there
As if there could be nothing more serene
Why then, do I feel like she just handed me her soul?



P.S:The title is a reference to of my favorite poems:

Image result for flower in the crannied wall





Comments

  1. U should seriously consider becoming a full time poet (and to think that you almost deleted this post ). It's excellent :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but I'm still convinced it sucks:P Have a long way to go with poetry!:)

      Delete

Post a Comment