Featured Posts of 2019

Nostalgically Yours 1:Coffee:D

These days I can't find enough time to write a proper article on anything.So,I had an idea of starting this new series.Again,this for the most part will be drabble-like.Bits and pieces of my life.Mostly from a bygone era.

The motivation behind this is easy.Memories are like the grains of sand on a seashore.Pretty soon,there comes a humongous wave that washes it away.As time goes by,the past gets more and more blurry till at one point all you remember is a vague mist and the odd feeling that your brain associates with it.But if I write it here,in a way,that memory attains immortality.That's it,plain and simple:)

I used to be extremely hyperactive as a kid.The afternoon nap abhorred me.My poor tired mother would try her best to lull me to sleep with a story only to fall asleep herself:P .I'd still be awake and annoyed as hell.Those were my pre-book days. So,I'd roam around here and there and finally in frustration settle for a nap.

But once I'm asleep,it's a different story.I slumber like a bear in hibernation.Impossible to wake me up and if you do,I'd be groggy not to mention furious.My mom would debate over letting me sleep longer,but she figured I wouldn't be able to sleep properly at night if she let me.

After a few days of facing a bear's wrath,she finally tried coffee.Ah,that's something I'll never forget as long as I live.Waking up to a glass of piping hot,sweet,strong coffee.Blissful! I'd be grinning like a cheshire afterwards.


Related image

And that's probably how I became a coffee lover.Lots of things changed,but the afternoon coffee didn't.The moment I came home,I'd always find a glass of coffee waiting for me:)

P.S:Which is also one of the reasons why I don't drink coffee anymore in the afternoons.

Comments