Featured Posts of 2019

CD:Once absent-minded,forever considered so

In accordance to the request of the most sincere and punctual reader of this blog! :P

To be very honest this could have happened to any of us.Perfectly natural.But the fact that it happened to Ramya somehow made everyone view it as a consequence of her absent mindedness:P

One afternoon after an exam,Ramya and I were heading to the bus stop.As is typical on such days,we both hurry so that we'd get a bus as soon as possible.(Ironically,once we get home we'd sleep for a majority of the time:P)We board a bus and Ramya opens her bag to pay for the ticket.

Hey! Someone else's hall ticket is in my bag she says.We both take it out and notice that it belongs to someone from the other class.She looks for her wallet but can't find it.She looks into the other compartment and can't find any of her books.Instead,there are some random sheets of paper.That's when it hits both of us.She's got the wrong bag!

Here's when I should explain how this could happen to any of us.She had one of those generic dell laptop bags which a lot of people do and it's quite possible that you'd pick up another bag of the same kind--especially just after an exam when you're not paying attention to details.

Getting back,she's terribly worried.My phone was in there.What if he's taken my bag and gone home!How do I find him? I don't even know who this guy is. Worse still,I don't have anything in my bag that'll tell him who I am.There's just my wallet and my textbook.Even my phone's locked.Assuming he finds my bag,how's he going to know it belongs to me?God,this is a nightmare.

I'm worried too.Wait,maybe his phone is in here too.Maybe we could call up one of his friends,I reason.Sure enough,there's a phone in there.But it's locked.Dead end.

We went through this entire thing in a minute or so.We were still a couple hundred metres from college.Head back to college.Go to the class where we wrote our exam.I'm sure he'll be there.In the meantime,I'll call one of our friends on my phone and find out where this guy is,I tell her.I look at the hall ticket again,so that I get his name right.

She immediately gets down(at the next stop),still worried.I call up a lot of people most of whom aren't aware of this.Finally,one friend picks up and I get to know this guy is still in college.He's found her bag and is trying to call up her friends.(which didn't include me,coz no one had my number:P. )I tell my friend what happened and she tells me not to worry and that she'll ensure Ramya finds him.

I sigh in relief.And then,I'm horrified.She didn't have her wallet.Coz it was in her bag.Neither of us noticed this in the chaos.Which means,she'd have taken another bus only to realise at some point that she didn't have money to pay for the ticket.Damn! It's already ten minutes though and there's nothing I can do about it.

I keep calling her phone,hoping she'll pick up and tell me everything's fine.Five minutes later,I get a call from her.She laughs about it.This had to happen to me.I'd better get some sort of a sticker to distinguish my bag from all the others.I really need it,she jokes.

You didn't have your wallet!How did you pay? I ask her. Oh god,that was horrible.The conductor was barking at me and I desperately hoped this guy kept his wallet in his bag.Thankfully,he did.I paid him back as soon as I reached college.That was embarrassing! she says.I can imagine.Poor thing:)

How did he find out the bag was yours?! You said it had no ID right? 

That was even funnier.I had a couple of passport size photos in my wallet.So apparently this guy went around asking people "Do you know who this girl is"? And someone recognized me and that's how he got to know,she ends.

Although it was borderline traumatic that day,pretty soon we started laughing about it.Especially about the photo part:D

The story made its rounds and Ramya got teased a lot.This was how it'd go:Hey!At least she took someone's bag.The last time,she walked a kilometre before realizing that she'd forgotten her bag.And that too when someone pointed it out:P (more about this one later)

Comments

  1. * repeated requests :D (Worth the wait ) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something like this happened to me too not the bag but to do with my wallet id left it in my friends room n rushed to catch a bus when the conductor started coming front I searched for my wallet to find it missing n I had no money on me so I just got up he kept on signaling and asking me but I ran to the door lucky me it was a stop n I got down thank God I had my phone I called n got to know my wallet was safe in her room with then the question was getting back home with no money so I had to take an auto n pay 20 times more!!!! Glad to know there are others out there;) :)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes happens to all of us :) If you read my friend's encounters then you'll consider yourself very normal :P
      So nice to see you here:)

      Delete
  3. Ramya is really famous! U should write more about her!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half this blog is already about her :p
      Glad you found it fun:)

      Delete

Post a Comment