Featured Posts of 2019

Ichi-go Ichi-e

Image result for ichi go ichi e quotes

One of my fellow bookworm friends sent me this.I get random poems,quotes and such phrases from her on a regular basis.How wonderful is that! :) 

When I saw this,something about it fascinated me.Sounds magical,isn't it?

One of the first things that would come to your mind when you read this is probably meeting someone unexpectedly.I'm told this happens on journeys:P Somehow,this person who does not know you at all seems to have more of a connection with you than most people you know.The conversation seems to hit all the right notes.But what makes it so special is that you know with certainty that this moment will never recur.(I too remembered one such incident when I first saw this:P. Since that's not related to what I have to say here,it's relegated to the P.S)

Actually though, ichi-go ichi-e is of Japanese origin and refers to a cultural concept of treasuring meetings with people,specifically at tea gatherings.They say that the same group of people may meet again,but that particular moment may never be replicated.Which is why they are encouraged to cherish every gathering they participate in.

While this didn't strike a chord with me,it bought up an entirely new track of thought.Every moment,in a way, is ichi-go ichi-e.For this particular moment will never occur again.In all of time.It's a precise configuration of the entire universe that's been designed and placed so exactly for this instant.And you,Dear Reader,are a part of that moment.Put that way,it makes it seem magical,doesn't it? Maybe that's why they say live in the moment! Yet,most of us are not even aware of the present moment.We're either contemplating the future or cribbing about the past.

For a moment,forget all of that.Live in this moment.For it is worth it.:)

P.S:About the meeting I mentioned initially:P. I happened to be worried about something a couple of years back. At that point,miraculously,I stumbled upon this person.Rather,he went out of his way to talk to me.I knew nothing about him,but that was a conversation to remember.

Apart from the technical stuff,he told me something I'll never forget.You lose perspective when you're too close to a problem.Take a step back.De-focus.The solution will always come to you.

Till date,this remains one of the most inspiring conversations I've ever had:) .I know enough about him to look him up on the net and find him in a couple of minutes,but I've never done that.Coz I figured this was my ichi-go ichi-e.I don't want to ruin the perfection of it:P

Comments