Featured Posts of 2019

EFML:Beyond Dreams

We all have these recurring dreams right? Let me see.One dream I'm sure everyone would have had is this:You're lost and you keep wandering around trying to get out of there.It's either an endless path or endless stairs but the result is that you can never find your way out.I'm not some dream analysis expert,but this one is as easy as they come.It has 'lost' scrawled all over it.

There's another dream that's on the top of my list.It goes like this:I wander off one day and I suddenly stumble across this beautiful place.A place I've never seen all my life.It's so picturesque that I can't do justice to it in words.There's greenery all around,some sort of a waterfall/river,chirping birds;but really there's more to it than this.It's just breathtaking.When I describe it,I only take away from its beauty.It's one of those things that can't be put into words.

I'm always alone in this dream.I stand there awed by the beauty.I feel something akin to bliss as I walk around.There are variations of this:Sometimes,I memorize the way to this place because I want to share this beauty with someone,but I can never find the way and no one believes me.In another version,I myself can't find the way back to this place.I know that this wonderful place is just within my reach but it either gets too dark or I just keep walking.

Waking up from this is sort of bittersweet.The happiness from the dream is still vivid in my head.Also,there's an intense pang of sadness when I think that I'll never be in such a place nor can I ever find it.Imagine mixing extreme happiness and extreme sorrow.And no,the result isn't zero:P You'll feel both.It's kind of weird.

I keep wondering if these places I see are real.More importantly,I wonder what this means.Any ideas,Dear Reader?

P.S:I recently figured out that the original layout for these places are from an actual place I've been to.Although the result looks nowhere near as mundane as the actual place.The one from yesterday was based on the Electronic City flyover--it looked so beautiful in my dream that I can't stand to see it the way it is now:P.

Comments

  1. Today at MSRIT at around 4pm, I felt something similar, somehow awed by a sense of calm around that place!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. College will always be that way,to all of us:)
      Which is why we keep going back.

      Delete

Post a Comment