Featured Posts of 2019

EFML:Surreal

Image result for surreal

End of exams.The completion of one-quarter of my stay.Finally,the day I've been waiting for is here.The thought of this was the only thing that kept me going during all those tough times--I ponder as I lie on my bed,waiting for Morpheus to call.Surprisingly,I'm wide awake and unable to sleep.Thoughts scatter like reflections off a perfectly polished gemstone.And then,finally,sleep overpowers me.

I wake up with this feeling that I can't really describe.Everything feels like a dream.I can't believe I've spent six months here.I can't believe my exams are done.I can't believe I'm going home tomorrow.Somehow,that excitement of the wait has morphed into silence and an inexplicable gloom.Actually,not even gloom.A vacuum.I feel numb.And vulnerable.

It's as if reality has finally caught up to me.I feel like the aftermath of a train-wreck.I struggle to find some shred of sanity that my overwhelmed mind can clutch on to.I try talking to people,but to no avail.Finally,I turn to what I've always done:Books and Music.

I let myself be soothed by the familiar tunes of a song that my brain recognises on a level too deep to call cognitive.I let myself be transported into a world far far away from this one--the one that the novel is set in.And I know that this moment is all too real.For I feel it down to the depths of my soul.

That bizarre feeling is gone now.Vanquished by the familiarity of what I love.

Thank God for books and music!:)

P.S:I figure this is what happens after you wait for something for ages.When you're finally there,you don't know how to react.Your mind literally has a nervous breakdown:D

Google,on the other hand,seems to have second thoughts.Apparently,this is called derealization and is a symptom of blah-blah disorder.Didn't want to read more!

Comments