Featured Posts of 2019

CD:Is it real?

I was reading my 3rd book of the day when I looked at the stack of books-to-be-read on my table.There was just one book left.Damn! I don't want to finish it all today.What would I do the next 3 days then! I decide to take a break.

I send a Hi to about ten people estimating that maybe 3 would reply immediately.As luck would have it,almost all of them replied and I was caught in the torrential maze of messages.Which means,one of these conversations is going to end up hilariously.Always does,you know:P

Ranji happened to be one of the people I was texting.We were talking about something when she says:"You should take some of the stuff you get to your hostel room" referring to the myriad quote unquote complementary items my Mom gets from medical reps.

"I don't.I just have a photo of my parents and a pug".I reply.

I continue: "Maybe I don't want to take things there because the more I personalize my room,the more permanent it all becomes.Maybe on some level,I don't want to do that".I'm always the thinker.I analyse(over-analyse actually) everything including my own actions and ponder over what might be the reason behind why I do what I do.

She says:"Pug?Like a dog?"

It's two minutes before I read this message.Again,I'm too lost to actually think before replying.I give her a perfunctory yes.

She puts those shocked smileys and says:"When did you get it?"

At this point,I wonder why she's asking this.Well,there are some people who we send out pictures of everything that happens in our lives right? Ranji and I are like that.So I reason,maybe she's thinking about why I didn't tell her this.

"I got it sometime last year.When I went to Ooty.I must have sent you a picture! Wait,let's see if I can find one".

With this,I start hunting around for the picture in question in my overflowing,disorganized gallery.(Note to self:should do something about that:P)I finally find a blurry image of the pug on my table and send it out to her.

"Here you go"

Now, I'm free and I'm actually waiting to see what she replies.Silence for a minute.

Then she says:"Please tell me it's not real!"

I laughed till tears streamed down my eyes:D In retrospect,all of it makes sense:P The when-did-you-buy-it,Seriously a dog? and all of that! She thinks I'm the owner of an actual,real,live dog and is wondering when and how this whole thing happened without her knowing of it.

"No it's not.Soft toy" I assure her.

"Thank God.It looked quite real in the picture and for a minute I almost believed it"she says.

"This is so funny.I'm probably going to write about this." is my only reply:D

Reason for all the confusion:P

P.S:I'm not a soft toy person.This pug is the only exception.I got it coz my Mom said it reminds her of me when I'm sad :P Hilarious right?

 Well,whenever I happen to be sad--No, don't assume I cuddle it;I'm not your typical human being:P--I look at this pug,and it always strikes me as being the sadder of the two of us.I derive some consolation from that and tell myself "See, you're nowhere near as sad as this.Which means your life is pretty good.Now find something to do".

Pretty convoluted dynamics to have with a soft toy, eh? But,yeah,I do like the pug and that's why I keep it around me:)

Comments

  1. Lol! For a minute even I was shocked!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIMA BINDU LANKA27 March 2017 at 15:17

    HOOO ... I WAS TOTALLY OUT OF MY MIND OF HOW U EVER LET A DOG COME INTO YOUR LIFE.. HAHAAA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Himaaaaa! So good to see you here :D
      Yeah I'm not getting a pet anytime soon :p

      Delete

Post a Comment