Featured Posts of 2019

PY:Light and Dark

Image result for light and shadow

I shall pack away these memories and take with me to cherish
Especially on those days when nothing seems right and I wonder what I'm doing

These moments seem hauntingly perfect now
I want to live them forever instead of having to remember them
I could lament the rose tinted reality that I extrapolate from them
But seldom is life that predictable and reality that consistent

Truth often masquerades itself as a beautiful lie
With time the mask peels off and you see it for what it is

I wonder at times if everything is this way
The dystopian truth inside the utopian lie
Waiting for you to stumble upon
So that you realize yet again how naive you were

Which is why I question not what I have to do
It is what it is and that's all life will ever say

I shall take away these few tiny memories with me to cherish
Especially on those days when nothing seems right and I wonder what I'm doing

Comments