Featured Posts of 2019

Drabble:Wanderlust or something deeper?

Written around midnight on 3rd July 2017

After 3 days of utter chaos and countless kilometers on the road, I'm here today with no sense of time. I'm traveling through a deserted stretch of road--so isolated that not one street light exists. I can't see a single house or dwelling around. No signs of animals either. The place is tomb-like in its stillness. Five years ago, I would have been scared about being out so late and at that in such a place.Two years ago,that fear would have changed into exhilaration. A year ago, I'd have barely acknowledged the place because I would be lost in my phone. Today, none of these things are true. 

I watch silently till I feel I am part of the surroundings. It strikes me that I would love to travel alone here. Pack up a few necessities and start driving. Keep driving. Watch the roads change. Day and dusk alternating like the crest and trough of a wave. I have a feeling that such a trip would be liberating in the extreme. Maybe I'll find the answers I'm looking for. Maybe I'll stumble upon a few more questions. Maybe I'll discover who I am. Maybe life and death and all that's in between will become a little clearer.

Or maybe it'll be just another trip.I'll never know till I try:)


Image result for wanderlust

P.S:I know this is rather short.But I'm kinda obsessed about the flow of a piece.I opine that if I meddle now into something I wrote two days ago, I'll mutilate it in all probability.Also,what I write today will be different from my original intentions.So,this is incomplete--but I'd rather let it stay that way than turn it into a chimera:P

P.P.S:People take trips to see places.But what exactly do we see?Most of the times,it's very superficial and close to nothing.Especially now when it's all about getting the right pictures.The right lighting.The right angle.The right expression.The place hardly matters.:P What if you went away somewhere without a phone or camera? Without people? I ask you,what would you see then? I believe that it would be something poignant.

Vacations,visits and trips are not only so you can discover places but also so that you can discover yourself.Inspired introspection.In fact,all of life aspires to teach you who you are.It is of utmost importance that you discover that:) Again,this is just an opinion.Take it with a pinch of salt.Maybe an entire shaker of salt:D

Comments