Featured Posts of 2019

PY:Shimmering dream

Written at lunch on a dreary day
Abstract. Imaginary. Don't question me :p

Once upon a time I wished for this very moment
To bask in its magical glory
To feel all that I dreamt of
Imagined the ecstatic happiness it would bring me

Then I realized that some dreams
Are meant to be just dreams
Time flew past till the glitter faded away
And all that remained were embers of a once bright fire

Now, when I've all but convinced myself
Life decides to taunt me
By dangling my long forgotten wish
Right in front of my eyes

It shimmers so beautifully
If I stretch my hand just a little
I can reach out and touch it
Yet all I feel is fear--fear that it'll vanish the moment I touch it

Maybe all of this is a figment of my imagination
It's better if I call this wishful thinking
And unsee everything I (think I) saw
For a forgotten dream is better than a shattered one


It's ironic how life gives you what you want
At a point when you no longer know what to do with it
Makes you wonder if you should wish for anything at all
Knowing that it can be twisted in a way you never thought of

Comments