Featured Posts of 2019

PY:Maelstrom

Why is normalcy the costliest commodity in my life?
It remains unattainably pristine, serenely smiling at me
While I drown in the quagmire that is turbulence
Clutching for anything that can serve as a stronghold
Only to find myself drawn in deeper, staring at despondence in all its dark glory

Normalcy is only five breaths away, 
Close your eyes and breathe deeply
You shall open your eyes to absolute peace
And all your suffering will seem like a bad dream

Image result for dark maelstrom

I delude myself with these nectarine lies
But lies they are and lies they shall remain
Every step is fraught with pain and sorrow
Someday I will probably sigh and stop fighting, let the current carry me away

But that someday is still not here, 
And I breathe like a creature only half alive
Wearied as I am,I still struggle
Not wanting any part of my misfortunes to be attributed to lack of initiative
Anguish follows me like a searing shadow
I use courage as a salve, and wear those scars with pride
Despair I have known,stared at its visage of utter blackness till I doubted the very existence of anything good 
Yet I hope, not for a miracle, or even something good
Just for that thing they call normalcy

Comments