Featured Posts of 2019

CD:Wet floor,hot coffee

To offset all the philosophy and abstract thought in my previous articles,here's some funny stuff.

Lately,I've been more of a klutz than usual.I've bumped into a million things,stubbed all my toes and even cut myself a couple of times.I have no idea why life decided to increase my clumsiness level.As if I wasn't bestowed with enough already:P

I headed to breakfast this morning with no inkling of what awaited me.With a plate of food in one hand and a mug of steaming hot coffee in the other,I headed towards the table where my friends were seated.It had rained the previous night and I was mindful of the treacherously slippery floor --I slowed down my usual long legged strides to a haltingly cautious tread.

I reached the table and heaved a sigh of relief--I made it without falling down.I said hi to my friends and took the final step to the table.One more step and I would have been comfortably seated.
Ah,blame overconfidence:P I slipped.Before I knew what happened,I was on the floor:D
My plate of food went flying all over.My friends were immediately by my side,asking if I was alright.

I was,except for the mortification:P I don't even like being seen by people--being inconspicuous and invisible is my primary agenda.Imagine being surrounded by a small crowd asking if I'm alright.Horror of horrors.I wanted to sink into the floor.The damn floor:P

I walked off with my plate quickly--primarily to avoid attention and secondarily to put it away and get more food.On the way,I realised that my sleeves were soaked with coffee.I washed them off,got more food and came back.That's when I noticed that my friends were laughing.Also,one of them(let's call him D) was missing from the table.

Did I fall that funnily that they're still laughing about it? I wonder.What happened? I ask. Jarvis tells me, Actually...when you fell...you poured coffee on D.He's gone to change. They burst out laughing at this. For a moment,I shudder at the sheer embarrassment of this.Then,the hilarity of the situation seizes me and I too collapse into laughter. She continues:"After you left,he suddenly says I've to go change.Initially I didn't get it.I asked him why.Then,we all realized" God,this is insanely funny!

A couple of people come over to inquire if I'm fine and I can't talk because I'm still laughing like a madwoman.They leave with a perplexed expression.Jarvis faithfully narrates this incident to everyone who turns up at our table and they all end up in splits.

I'm subjected to all kinds of jokes--hot coffee bath,something else about falling.One guy says:If you're going to fall,you should take someone else down with you. Woah,I did not see this coming:P

Finally,the subject of my coffee disaster is back.Jarvis asks:Was the coffee hot? *FacepalmPoor guy,I feel sorry for him.All he did was sit there.I apologize to him a couple of times,more mortified than sorry.What a clumsy idiot.I can't even fall to the floor gracefully.Noooo way.I have to douse another guy with steaming coffee.And then become laughing stock of the day. :D

P.S:I'm really really sorry about the coffee.Thanks for being a good sport.:D

Note to people:Next time you see me walking on slippery territory with food,please keep away from me.I cannot account for what will happen.I'm a born klutz:D

Note to self:Since I can't change the floor,I should think about getting slippers that don't slip.Hard one,that.Or maybe it's just me:P


Comments

  1. "It's not the fall that kills you, Sherlock! You of all people should know that! It's not the fall. It's never the fall. It's the landing!" :D Your "landing" was pretty harsh here :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God! :P I'm laughing all the more now. This is my all- time favorite comment :D

      Delete
    2. Hahaha. Perfect comment XD

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I slip a hell lot!! Thought was reading my story... !! But i have always managed to take care of my stuff.. :D... before me.. :D

      Delete
  3. Reminds me of few instances with me as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment