Featured Posts of 2019

EFML:Priority Inversion

I don't know if you'll read this.Maybe you will someday:)

I feel so miserable about doing this to you.It'll be your engagement day in half an hour.You guys always joked around saying I'd be too busy to attend your weddings and engagements--but it was just that.A joke.I've always imagined being there.Especially for yours:)

Even when I told you I wouldn't come,I hoped I would.I took in all your anger and fury and disappointment imagining how happy you'd be when I actually turned up.Deep down,I believed things would sort themselves out.But somehow they haven't.And it's just sunk in that I'd be missing such an important event in your life.Even a two-year old would have more sense than I do.

I sit here wondering what in hell I'm doing with a stupid laptop when I should be with you instead.You're as good as a sister to me! And to think you'll be moving in three months:(

Work! I should probably just chuck all that out the window for a day right?
Years later,what do you think I'm going to remember about this day?Assignments?Definitely not.It's these moments.The ones that we cherish.Damn!

 I've wished this a hundred times today--to just run away from this and be there for what matters.

I wish I was that person.I'd give anything to be.But I'm not.Responsibility always comes first.I'll regret this decision all my life but I can't change it.

I want you to know that just because I say that work comes first,it doesn't mean that you come second!You never have.And you never will.This is just who I am.

I know you felt really bad when I said I wouldn't be there,but trust me when I say I feel the same if not worse.This was one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make.

Forgive me,Ramya.You deserve a better friend than what I am right now!

P.S:The title is a reference to a phenomenon in Operating Systems where a lower priority process preempts a higher priority task.Exactly what's happening in my life!

P.P.S:On a cheerful note,I promise to make it up to you.I'll meet you and hang out with you till you get annoyed with me and shoo me away:D

I want details of everything that happens tomorrow:) I'm sad that I'm not going to be there to write another crazy post about it!

Have a great day:)

Comments