Featured Posts of 2019

PY: A dichotomy of duality

Image result for janus

The God of choices looks down on me
His two faces at odds with each other
One smiles at me, The Universe gives you what you ask of it.
Another frowns in warning, Be careful what you wish for. 

I wonder now, wherein lies my fault? 
Did I not ask for the right thing, Janus? 
Or did my wish get lost in articulation--
Wanted something but ended up asking for something else?

I looked for the crystalline clarity of a million sunbeams, 
Stumbled upon enough amorphous confusion to last a lifetime.
I asked for a fort of unassailable convictions
A moat with the drawbridge of impossible choices lowered greeted me

I wished that I would always be a rolling stone
Only to find myself mired neck deep in a marsh of complacency 
I went in search of a rainbow called equanimity
And was pulled into a thunderstorm of an emotional roller-coaster

I asked for a soul as pristine as a lotus
And was at once thrown into the murky gray waters of neither right nor wrong
I walked miles to find a rejuvenating elixir called hope
All the roads I took converged at a desert named despair

I stared beseechingly in alternation at the smile and the frown, 
Till at some point they fluidly merged together
It then struck me that that was how all of life was meant to be
A paradoxical manifestation, a dichotomy of duality.

P.S: Wrote this a while ago, posted it, took it down and re-posting now :D

Comments