Featured Posts of 2019

Stories from the road:Frozen

Purple. Orange. Blue. Gold. The sky is displaying its breathtakingly glorious plumage.The tall skyscrapers that dwarf the highway on either side are swathed in an orange glow that only dusk can bestow. The sodium vapor lamps slowly flicker to life. A majestic skywalk connects one side of the road to the other. People, like ants, bustle about perpetually on it, silhouetted against the purple light of evening. I watch, lost for a moment. From cave dwellers to this, how did we get here? It seems like a tremendous achievement. 

Image result for sunset in the city

A minute later,darkness descends all around, enveloping me like a shroud. All I can see now are the red taillights of countless vehicles that inch forward like a video playing at quarter speed. I search in vain for the magical glow and the awe that I felt just a minute before. But the moment is past and they've both disappeared as if they never existed. My window slowly turns opaque as if to shut off the world outside. From peaceful homes to vehicle-ridden concrete jungles, why did we get here? And now, having gotten here, we're stuck in this pitiful vicious cycle that has no end. 

I open up maps wearily and look up how much longer it's going to take.

P.S:This was written on Friday evening.

The tables have turned these days.I come across quite a few ideas that could be put into words--on an average 3-4 per week.But what's infuriating is not being able to sit down and write at the appropriate time.I have to go through an entire day before I get time and then I'm too exhausted for it:( I just make an outline,which I see days later.By then,most of what I thought of originally writing is relegated to some unreachable realm of my mind.I should figure out a way to get past this and write.Not that what I write is amazing,but because I want to write it regardless.


Image result for a writer is a writer



Related image

Comments