Featured Posts of 2019

CD:Back to school

After a long time,I have something funny to write about:D Feels good!

Some things never change,they say.It's true,you know.I thought Ramya would turn over a new leaf after she got married.But no,she's as hilarious as ever.So I'm going to chronicle one of her recent follies for posterity:P

In the middle of an afternoon that couldn't be described as anything but mundane,my phone vibrates.

Hey Prash! Remind me this evening.I have to tell you a story.

Cool.Will do.

But come evening,I was subjected to a journey that drained me of all but the will to crash on my bed and fall asleep.I didn't even remember that I had to call her.
The next day though,I somehow did remember.

Hey,sorry.What was this about?

This evening then. I basically have to tell you the shirt story.

Shirt?!! After ten minutes of mentally iterating through all the eccentric anecdotes my brain could conjure up containing the word shirt,I reluctantly concluded that none of them could possibly come close to what she'd have to tell me.I decided to wait until evening.

Come evening and she calls me as promised.
Heyy...What was it you wanted to tell me?

"Oh,that!You won't believe what I did.A day ago,early in the morning,I was on a call with my teammates.I was on mute and listening to them.Since I was not talking,I was also casually scrolling through my phone looking at people's DPs on Whatsapp. All of a sudden,one picture caught my eye.This was a teacher of mine,let's call her M! To give you some context, she was pretty forward and avant garde(I use this to be as obtuse as possible,but you should get my point) in my school days itself. Now,she must easily be what,50? And her picture happens to be one of her standing next to some cartoon creature mimicking its pose.Not that I'm judging her or anything,but what she's wearing is definitely not age appropriate.The whole thing was so teenager-ish, you know.I found it really funny and decided to forward it to my brother.I captioned it Back to school and sent it to him all the while laughing,after which I returned to the call at hand and thereafter work.

Imagine my horror when a couple of hours later I open my phone to find a message from M. Oh my God! How did she get to know!? was my first reaction.I unlock it and open the message with trepidation.Guess what!I mistakenly sent the picture to her instead of my bro.Ah,the horror!

 Duuude,I sent her her own profile picture and at that with a damn caption.

Thankfully,she had just reacted with a smiley and a normal how are you! I had to talk to her after that.

The worst part is that I didn't even see to whom I had sent the message after I had sent it.Else,I could have at least used the delete for everyone option.

The only saving grace is that I captioned it with something decent.Imagine if it had been something else.I shudder to think of what would have happened.I should be more careful next time."


I can't believe you did this.You're still the same,I laugh.
Hey wait,where was the shirt in this story?

Oh,that.It was a typo,I meant short story,not shirt.
I bet you'd have thought of every story that could possibly involve a shirt,she grins.

P.S:Of all the things on my blog,this series is my absolute favorite.It's so much fun writing,and on a random day,I can browse through these and laugh myself to death:D

Here's the entire collection in one place for anyone who wants to talk a walk down memory lane.

1) A nut,a earring and insanity
2)The horn
3)What's in a name
4)Text misinterpreted
5)Text misinterpreted 2
6)Ice breaker
7)Trailing glory
8)Mistaken identity
9)Overwhelmed
10)She's religious
11)7 flights of stairs
12)Non functional hippocampus
13)Hail the water bottle
14)Absent minded squared
15)Encounters with a formatting Nazi
16)I don't know my phone number
17)Is it real?
18)Once absent minded,forever considered so
19)Access denied
20)One short of a dozen
21)Wet floor,hot coffee
22)Glitch in the matrix

I apologize for the miserable formatting in the dialogue.For some unfathomable reason,I hate quotation marks and instead use italics to represent direct speech.The problem with this is that I often want to italicize something within an already italicized block which then ends up as normal text.I heard that the entire story part had an aura of confusion as to who was narrating and hence the quotes and text in blue.Hope that helps!

Comments