Featured Posts of 2019

Perspective

I have always marveled at perspective.When I was much younger,colored glasses used to fascinate me.I would see through them and the world would look totally different.Sometimes more colorful,often drearier.Take them off and things are back to normal.On,off,on,off.A million times.Yet,each time you see something different.Perspective is exactly that--imposing colored glasses on your mind.

I sit here today watching the daylight fade.I have seen the same transformation countless times in my 2 decade long life and yet each time it has a different hue.Today,I look at it and see sadness.Sorrow that the cheery,bright sunlight seems to be fading.A feeling of numbing cold thinking of the all-pervading darkness.

This too is a magic trick--remember that wizard Perspective I mentioned? Your mind is his stage.But the thing about perspective is that you have a choice.If you think the colored glasses make the universe look drearier,take them off and choose better ones.That is what I choose to do.

And that's all life's about.Perspective.If you don't like what you're seeing,it's always about how you're looking at it.Change that and everything else will follow

P.S:This may sound preachy,but it's more about self-advice.Abstract thought, actually. :P

Comments

Post a Comment