Featured Posts of 2019

Limbo

noun
  1. 1.
    an uncertain period of awaiting a decision or resolution; an intermediate state or condition.
    synonyms:oblivionvoid, non-existence,
Imagine you were falling from a great height;plummeting to the ground at a bizarre speed.That scream of terror is frozen in your throat,your thoughts move ironically slowly--it's as if they're crawling.And then things just stop.You're suspended mid-fall.You wait a second,then two.It's still the same.Neither safe somewhere,nor on the ground.Ever wondered what that'd feel like? 

That's limbo.To think of it,this is much worse than falling.Not knowing what will happen.Any moment you might start falling again.Or you might wake up to find that it's all a dream.

Each time I go back,I feel more like a visitor.Each time I come back here,it feels more familiar.Those subtle changes freak me out.One day they'll all come together like the tiny snowflakes that form an avalanche.Soon,I'll be a stranger in the mirror.Then I'll be in true limbo.Neither here nor there.

And then I'll wait for the balance to tilt.For my world to regain focus.Hoping that it tilts the way I want it to.Knowing that either way,I'm strong enough to survive it.

P.S:If the last paragraph felt kinda vague,it was intentionally written so!


Comments