Featured Posts of 2019

PY:Thoughts

They say it's a gift to be able to think
To reason,to figure out the scheme of things
Yet,there are times when I think it's more of a curse
One whose prophecy you cannot escape.
For it is an inner demon,a part of you
And how can you evade yourself?
The wheels in my head rotate and rotate
I ponder over every minute decision
Every fork in the road:
Is this right?Is this wrong?
Is it a tangent that will forever distort my trajectory?
I list out the pros and cons
Hoping the balance will tilt one way
Putting me out of my misery.
But it never does,for there are unknowns on either side
Each of which can take too many values to bear thinking about
So the dreaded process continues
Like a machine headed to wreck itself.
I look around and see oblivious souls
People who let the current carry them as it would a wayward leaf
I envy them for the silence in their heads
No monsters to slay,no questions to answer
How peaceful must such an existence be!

P.S:I'm one of those people who "overthinks" things.In contrast,there are people who have no expectations and live life like a random walk. 



Comments