Featured Posts of 2019

Introvert's guide to life 2:Avoiding people

@Chella: In case you still read my blog,would you be interested in co-authoring this series? I'm sure you have valuable insights on the topic! We discussed something along these lines remember? :P

No,I don't hate people.It's just that sometimes I want to be alone.Utterly alone.I'm sure you have such days too!


Image result for mind palace quotes

Sadly,most acquaintances and friends expect you to talk to them the moment you see them.So what do you do when you're trying to desperately avoid people and yet don't want to come across as rude?

Eye contact:The precursor to all conversation is eye contact:P If you avoid this,you have a sure as hell shot at avoiding all interaction that follows.Eye contact is one of the most powerful non-verbal cues.If you don't look at someone,the odds are that they won't talk to you.

Earphones/Headphones: Technology's gift to us! These always work--you don't even have to be listening to anything;plug them in and you're all set.Not as powerful as the previous one,but it still lets people know that you probably need some space.

Be invisible:Yeah,if we had an invisibility cloak it would solve all our problems.Since we don't,the next best thing is to be inconspicuous. This is an art I have perfected over the years.:D Whenever you enter a public space,look around for the ideal blind spot--where you can watch without being watched.

That's about it for now.Try these out and let me know how they work out:P

Feel free to add your methods below as comments!


Comments

  1. Wow! I'm seeing this one just now! FYI I still read your blog :) And yes I would love to be a co-author.Yay!!! Who wouldn't say no to an opportunity to bitch about the so-called "people" I so hate :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not your fault at all! I read that you could post content under any date,even if it's one that's past.I tried it out:D This was actually written and posted just a couple of days back!

      You're the most consistent reader of my blog:)

      Yayyyyy! This is going to be fun.Looking forward:D

      Delete

Post a Comment