Featured Posts of 2019

Drabble:The intention-action gap

I was pondering upon this last night:What is it that is wrong in my life? Why is it that so little productive work gets done everyday? I mentally iterated through all the possible reasons.

Am I unaware of what needs to be done? Not so,I have a clear idea.

Do I have problems thinking or finding a solution? Not really.Given a reasonable amount of time,I can eventually figure out the answer.

Do I hate what I do? Again,no.I don't really love it either, but hate is nowhere close to it.In other words,there isn't anything else I'd rather be doing.

Is my planning ineffective? Ah,I'm a paper tiger with exceptional organisational skills:P Definitely not this.

Do I not have time? Of course,this is everyone's favorite excuse.Yet,if I'm honest with myself,I do have the time.Come on,I read and write this much.Who would believe me if I said I had no time?

So,the issue is this:I know what to do.I know how to go about doing it.I have a wonderful plan chalked out for it.I even have time for it.Yet,what I eventually end up doing is something that involves the barest minimum of my abilities,efforts and time.Hence the name intention-action gap:P

The next question is staring me in the face:Why are my grandiose intentions not getting translated into action?

The answer is another cliche:Procrastination.I think I have all the time in the world.What I should be doing now gets pushed to later in the evening.Evening turns into tomorrow and then next week and all I'm left with is Sunday evening guilt and Monday morning blues:P

Are you a chronic procrastinator like me,Dear Reader? How do I overcome it,you ask me? Ah,if I knew that,I would be working right now and not writing this:P Ask yourself this:why is it that you procrastinate some things and not others?

A simple analogy to my envisioned solution is this:Remember those semiconductor energy band diagrams we were taught long ago? Your intentions are the highly populated lower energy level.Obviously,action is the sparsely populated higher level.To transcend the dreaded procrastination barrier,you need something that will give you enough energy.Potential.What is that,you ask me? I will tell you when I figure it out:D



Suggestion:Go read up how electrons accomplish this.Maybe it'll inspire you and give you an idea!
Find my analogies weird huh? I'm an eccentric--I'm entitled to them:P




Comments

  1. Please write an another post when u figure out what drives you to go the next level

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment